is the workshop organised by
Slovak Academy of Sciences, Banská Bystrica
Comenius University, Bratislava
Slovak University of Technology, Bratislava
Slovak Mathematical Society
The workshop is the seventh in the series of Slovak GEMS workshops. The previous workshops were held in 1994 (Donovaly), 1997 (Banská Bystrica), 2001 (Bratislava), 2005 (Stará Lesná), 2009 (Tále), and 2013 (Smolenice). For more than twenty years, map-theoretic community has been meeting every year. Timings and places have been stabilised, with a period of 4 years, on New Zealand (in the years congruent to 0 mod 4), Slovakia (1 mod 4), some other places (2 mod 4), and Slovenia (3 mod 4).
The workshop should bring together people interested in various aspects of graphs embedded on surfaces. The programme will consist of lectures by invited speakers and short talks by participants. Contributed talks should be related to one or more of the following topics:
- Embeddings of graphs on surfaces
- Symmetrical embeddings, regular maps
- Group actions on graphs
- Representativity and graph minors
- Convex polytopes and polytopal graphs
- Dessins d’enfants
- Enumeration of maps
- Marston Conder, University of Auckland, New Zealand
- Robert Jajcay, Comenius University, Bratislava, Slovakia
- Klavdija Kutnar, University Primorska, Koper, Slovenia
- Cheryl Praeger, University of Western Australia, Perth, Australia
- Egon Schulte, Northeastern University, Boston, U.S.A.
- Pablo Spiga, University of Milano-Bicocca, Milano, Italy
Important informationDue to problems with our card terminal we decided to change the payment method for GEMS to bank transfer. The details about the transfer will be displayed on your 'Registration details' page. If you have any question, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- Roman Nedela, Mathematical Institue of Slovak Academy of Sciences, Banská Bystrica
Roman Nedela, Faculty of Applied Sciences, University of West Bohemia, Pilsen, Czech Republic
- Martin Škoviera, Comenius University, Bratislava
- Jozef Širáň, Slovak University of Technology, Bratislava
The deadline for submitting the final registration data and the abstracts submission is 21 Jun 2017. If you have any questions, please contact us via the conference e-mail.